PRB’s 2017 Summer Intensive
July 10 – August 4, 2017
Pennsylvania Regional Ballet hosts an annual Summer Intensive Program at our studio located at 211 North Enola Drive, Enola, PA 17025. Three beautiful studios await your dancer in this renovated 1906 church.
The 4-week program is designed for the intermediate and advanced dancer who wants to improve their skills over the course of the summer. With nationally known master teachers and smaller classes, PRB’s Summer Intensive will help your dancer grow.
Styles of dance covered during the Summer Intensive are classical ballet and pointe, contemporary, modern, musical theater and seminars.
Dancers from around the country attend the Summer Intensive – and are housed by local families of our dancers for a nominal fee on a first come/first serve basis. Contact us if you’re interested in housing for your dancer.
Master Teachers for 2017:
- Charles Gerard – Ballet Master, Joffrey Ballet of Chicago and Catherine Yoshimura, formerly with BalletMet & Les Grande Ballets Canadiens (Week 1)
- Lauren Fadeley Veyette – Soloist, Miami City Ballet (Week 2)
- Yvonne Borree – New York City Ballet, SAB, currently teaching for Ballet Hawaii (Week 3)
- Rosanna Seravalli – Professor, Purchase College; faculty American Ballet Theatre (Week 4)
- Tara Hench – Pilates Classes; former Principal Boston Ballet (Weeks 1-4)
- Victoria Silva (First, Second & Preparatory) – Pennsylvania Regional Ballet School Director, Choreographer
- Erin Stiefel-Inch (First, Second & Preparatory) – Master Teacher, formerly with Bonn, Basel and Zurich Ballets; currently on staff at Pennsylvania Regional Ballet
- Kristina Grant (First, Second & Preparatory) – Pennsylvania Regional Ballet
Faculty is subject to change.
2017 Summer Intensive Schedule
Third, Fourth & Fifth Year (Preprofessional)
9:00 AM to 10:00 AM – Stretch/Strengthening Class
10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon – Ballet Technique
12:00 Noon to 12:45 PM Lunch
1:00 to 3:00 PM Modern/Contemporary/Pointe/Variations (dependent upon teacher)
First, Second & Preparatory Year
9:00 to 10:00 AM – Stretch/Strengthening Class
10:00 to 11:45 AM Ballet Technique
11:45 AM to 12:30 PM Lunch
12:30 to 1:30 PM Lesson on Ballet Vocabulary, Dance History, Classical Ballets and their music or Pointe Introduction for Second Year students
1:30 to 3:00 PM – Modern/Variations
Placement: All placement will be determined by through scheduled audition prior to the beginning of the program or determined by video tape, due May 1st, to include barre and center. Maximum of 15 minutes.
Tuition* – 4 Week Program
|PRB Students||If Paid by 4/1||NonPRB Students||If paid by 4/1||If paid after 5/1|
|Third, Fourth & Fifth Year||$1500||$1400||$1600||$1500||+$100|
|First, Second & Preparatory Year||$1000||$925||$1100||$1025||$ 75|
*These totals include a $250 non-refundable deposit
Weekly Rate (available to non-PRB students only):
|Third, Fourth & Fifth Year||$425|
|First, Second & Preparatory Year||$325|
New This Year!!
Full day program available to all registered students. Bring your dancer as early at 8:00 AM and pick them up at 5:00 PM for a full day of dance instruction and activities.
Breakfast & lunch options will be available at an additional fee.
To register for Pre-professional Program: Click to Register for Classes or call PRB’s studio at 717-732-2172. Registration payment includes a $250 nonrefundable deposit. Register by April 1, 2016 to receive a discount on your tuition. Mail a video tape showing barre & centre (max. 15 minutes) to Pennsylvania Regional Ballet, 211 North Enola Drive, Enola, PA 17025 Attn: Summer Intensive 2015.