Children ages 3 and up can gain valuable skills as a part of PRB’s Children’s Division.
From our Creative Movement through Ballet IA, students learn classroom manners, poise, musicality, ballet terminology, coordination, progressions across the floor, barre work, centre work and creative freedom as they progress through these classes.
In addition, all Children’s Division students perform in the Summer Concert!
Children’s Division Schedule 2016/2017
Creative Movement (ages 3 & 4)
- Must be potty trained
- Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
Pre-Ballet I (ages 4 & 5)
- Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
PreSchool Class (ages 3-5)
- Tuesday 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Pre-Ballet II (ages 5 & 6)
- Mondays: 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Ballet)
- Mondays: 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. (Tap)
Ballet IA (ages 6, 7 & 8)
- Thursdays: 5:00 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. (Ballet)
- Thursdays: 6:15 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. (Break)
- Thursdays: 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (Tap & Jazz)
Dress Code (for Creative Movement, Pre-Ballet 1 & 2, Ballet IA)
- Females – Pink tights, black leotards (single strap, short or long sleeved), pink footed tights (no undergarments), pink leather ballet slippers with an elastic strap, black tap shoes (PB2 & Ballet IA), black jazz shoes with ties (Ballet IA). Hair must be in a bun and all bangs must be neatly pinned or sprayed back. Only one pair of small earrings may be worn for all classes and rehearsals. No skirts or warm-ups allowed during class. Dancers are required to wear a cover up into the building and when leaving the building after class.
- Males – Black tights or jazz pants, white t-shirt, black socks, black leather ballet shoes, black tap & black jazz shoes (with ties). Hair neatly combed out of face.
PRB also encourages all of our Children’s Division students to participate in its Summer Class Schedule – with classes offered on Saturdays for 4 weeks in July.
Registration for all classes is handled through our Online Registration System – which handles credit and/or debit cards. Payment may also be made by check.